Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Sat Nov 27 16:49:33 2004

> >the short version of my rebuttal is: "those are not your bits to
> >waste."
>
> They are if my ISP assigns them to me.  :-)

	er... not really.  they are the ISPs.

> >second, let me add, "and it's not your routing table, either."
> I have no idea what this means.

	if you have no idea aobut the impact of address
	assignment on routing tables, then you really should
	spend some time implementing routing policies -before-
	you burn cycles telling others about how they should
	run their networks.  no one is stoping you from implementing
	whatever prefix acceptance/forwarding policy you may
	chose to implemenet for -YOUR- customers. it is a -local- effect.
	just stop trying to tell others how to manage their
	routign tables.

--bill