Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PIprefix [Re: who gets a /32)

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Fri Nov 26 04:30:38 2004

Anyone starting out will be an end site, if that meant you could only
ever be an end site then there'd be nothing but end sites. Skip to the
not an end site section and meet those requirements instead.

Agreed... However, the letter of the law in the policy still should be
revisited to express that intent.

I think we definitely need
to review v6 allocation policy and improve its consistency and ability
to meet the needs of the community if v6 is to make real progress towards
broad adoption.
I think working on the technical deficiences others have outlined
would help more.

I don't think these are mutually exclusive. I think IETF should work on the
technical deficiencies of the protocol. I think the RIRs and ICANN should work
on the policy issues. I see no reason those efforts can't proceed in
parallel.

Owen