Re: Public Interest Networks

  • From: Vicky
  • Date: Wed Nov 24 15:11:42 2004

Hi Deepak!

you raise some interesting points from bw standpoint.

what really got me scratching my head is the fact that throwing bw to
conserve computing power. in this cat and mouse game, mouse always wins :-)

"The OptiPuter project aims at learning how to 'waste' bandwidth and
storage in order to conserve 'scarce' computing in this new world of
inverted values," said Smarr.

i'm not even sure why even implement mpls where latency/congestion is
not an issue specially in this case or even talking about I2 for that
matter.

regards,
/vicky