Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Mon Nov 22 19:12:55 2004

On 22-nov-04, at 17:53, Paul Vixie wrote:

so there.  those are my views.  aren't you glad you asked?
Sure.

It seems to me though, that if renumbering is such a problem, maybe we should deal with it directly rather than dump the fallout in the three most critical parts of the internet machinery.

It's wrong if these issues that have global impact are decided regionally.

yes. i understand that the acid rain people, the ozone layer people, the
ice cap people, the whale people, and the ocean oxygen level people, all
have that same complaint. human nature on a grand scale isn't always pretty.
Well if you feel you need to take your cues from environmental semi-criminals, obviously there isn't much that I can say to stop you.

I'm thoroughly unhappy with the way this is handled at RIPE (regardless of the outcome) and I'm not about to go sponsor the airline industry some more in order to experience the same frustration in APNIC, LACNIC and ARIN meetings. If we're going to make stupid decisions we might as well streamline the process to make them as efficiently as possible...