Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Sat Nov 20 07:15:32 2004

On 19-nov-04, at 18:50, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

why would the enterprise care to switch to IPv6 in the first place?
Because it's easier to build a big IPv6 network than to build a big IPv4 network. I think over the next few years we'll see people building IPv6 networks and then tunneling IPv4 over them as it's easier to have the infrastructure parts run IPv6, especially (but not exclusively) if IPv4 address space is less than abundant.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
Yes; I don't care. I'm assuming it is not possible to leave this out, but could you please have some kind of separator between your actual message and the lawyerese so it's easier to ignore the latter?