Re: Stupid Ipv6 question...

  • From: Trent Lloyd
  • Date: Sat Nov 20 04:22:13 2004

Hi Dan,

I've got some slides from talks I've done, they cover this sortof stuff.

You can see at http://www.sixlabs.org/talks/

Additionally, the size is 2^(128-prefixlen) [more or less]
But you don't use all of them, obviously, it'd be fairly difficult, best
part about a /64 is EUI-64 works (auto-address allocation based on MAC
address) if you advertise it with radvd [or rtadvd if your freebsd, no
idea about other oss, radvd seems to work in most places]

Cheers,
Trent
Bur.st

--