Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Fri Nov 19 12:52:12 2004

On 11/18/04 11:38 PM, "Stephen Sprunk" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't understand why exchanges would suffer; the real threat is that
> enterprises simply won't use IPv6 until IPv4 space is completely
> exhausted -- and perhaps even after it is.

It's not a threat, it's straightforward reality that business won't move
until there's a good reason to spend $.  The threat to IPv6 is that the case
to spend $ is very thin and flimsy.  Call it inertia, call it what you will,
but somebody has to authorize the dollars over spend on other needs.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 162