Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Fri Nov 19 12:40:40 2004

Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but having unaggregatable
globally routable address space just doesn't scale and there are no
routing tricks that can make it scale, whatever you put in the IP version
bits, so learn to love renumbering.

This is patently false.  If it were true, then I would have to renumber
every time I changed telephone companies.  I don't, so, obviously, there
is some solution to this problem.  Now I'm not saying that I necessarily
want to accept the overhead and risks of SS7 to solve this, but, there
are, obviously, routing tricks that can be used.

Owen