Re: who gets a /32 [Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?]

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Thu Nov 18 05:47:44 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Randy Bush wrote:
> > in august 2002 there were no v6 isp's.
>
> you're kidding, right?  let's not be too americocentric.
> i assure you there were.  i think even c&w might have been
> deploying in the states then.

Heh, when I saw his assertion I figured a statement as wrong as that
wasn't worth correcting.  (my bad)

Since you chimed up I thought I'd go and check our press releases for when
we got around to announcing we were selling IPv6 connections and I found
something dated May 9th, 2001.  At that time we already were offering
native (as opposed to our free IPv6 tunnel service) IPv6 connections at
several locations in the US.

Mike.

| Mike Leber           Direct Internet Connections   Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation       Fax 510 580 4151 |
| [email protected]                                       http://www.he.net |