Re: EFF whitepaper

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Wed Nov 17 16:04:14 2004

On 11/16/04, Fred Heutte <[email protected]> wrote:

> I doubt that the participants in this discussion who are getting
> so huffy about the EFF position are ready to tolerate a
> situation where unknown third parties can arbitrarily block
> any email they send or receive, without informing them,
> regardless of content.
>
> Think about how that maps to the present situation.

	I can certainly understand how end users or senders would feel
	that way, and many ISP's need to start doing a much better job
	of communicating their policies to their customers -- that's
	certainly not restricted to e-mail.  However, using the EFF's
	hard-won and extremely critical influence to restrict an ISP's
	ability to manage their own systems doesn't seem like a good
	long-term solution to that problem.

--
J.D. Falk                                                   okay, what's next?
<[email protected]>