Re: anycast roots

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Wed Nov 17 08:13:42 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:00:54PM +0000,
 Paul Vixie <[email protected]> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

> as far as i know, the root-servers.org web site is 100% accurate,

Following the recent discussion about "anycast jitter" with
j.root-servers.net, I believe one information is missing: wether the
node is global or local (BGP NO_EXPORT).

It is not easy to find by itself (you have to do a lot of traceroutes)
so, if you have access to this information, it would be quite useful.

(I'm one of the persons who see a lot of jitter for
j.root-servers.net with Randy Bush's experiment.)