Re: EFF whitepaper

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Mon Nov 15 19:37:22 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:07:20 -0500 Peering <[email protected]> wrote:

> >From personal experience, whether you check that you want further
> mailings from MoveOn.org or not, they send them to you anytime you send
> anything (petitions, letters, etc) from their website.  They're also not
> that great about taking you off when you complain (I have had to
> complain 2-3 times per incident).  For this reason, no matter how I feel
> about the subject, I won't go through them anymore.

> Hopefully one of their contacts is listening, because their mail policy
> is really obnoxious.

deja vu all over again.

i had this conversation (about unconfirmed mailings) with a staffer at
the dean campaign earlier this year. the general feeling i got was that
they don't clearly understand the problem, and are much more concerned
about creating a barrier to entry than worrying about creating a barrier
to mail abuse.

sigh,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]