Re: 71/8 and 72/8 reminder/plea

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Mon Nov 15 16:58:59 2004

Hi, NANOGers.

] Friendly reminder that ARIN has been allocating from 71/8 and 72/8 since
] August.  If you have static bogon filters, PLEASE make sure they are
] updated.

Tired of updating your filters?  Worry no more!  Fire up a peering
session or two (we advocate two) to the Bogon Route-server project.
Leave the care and feeding of such filters to the tireless and
highly caffeinated crew at Team Cymru.

   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/bogon-rs.html>

Don't speak BGP?  Don't want to peer?  No worries!  Use wget or
DNS to check those filters.

   <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html>

Filtering bogons doesn't solve every problem, but it does help to
reduce the problem set.  We solve this problem by degrees, not in
one fell swoop.  Our thanks to everyone who filters, uses uRPF,
etc.  We applaud you and appreciate your assistance in reducing
Internet garbage.  :)

   <http://www.cymru.com/Reach/garbage.html>
   <http://www.cymru.com/Reach/darknet.html>

Thanks!