Re: How to Blocking VoIP ( H.323) ?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Sat Nov 13 22:04:38 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

> > On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> >
> > > If someone want to be insane -  allow him to do it; what's the problem?
> Is
> > > this question coming from Panamian government? -:)
> >
> > when you have to comply with some insane gov't ruling at penalty of
> > legal (possibly felony type actions) you will also squeal like the virtual
> > pig...
>
> To comply with government, it is enough to SHOW blocking - block SIP and
> H323 standar ports. It is not your concern, if SkyPE can make a tricks.

actually you have to block it... after long conversations with them about
how it's impossible to block you STILL have to block the traffic, then you
hope they get the message when calls still go through and they audit your
configurations.

> But I believe, that to comply with anything in Panama you need just to give
> a $$$, not to set up acll lists.

as an american company we try (atleast the internet portion did/does) to
uphold the law... bribery is probably even illegal in panama (not a lawyer
so I'm not qualified to answer)