Re: Any Sprint BGP people out there

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sat Nov 13 11:35:00 2004

>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Randy Bush wrote:
>> sprintlink does not prefix filter, they only as-path filter
> From personal experience with multiple Sprintlink customers' BGP,
> that's not true for all Sprintlink customers.

i should also have said that my knowledge was old.  i could have
better said "my memory is that sprintlink used not to ..."

your note that they prefix filter some customers might indicate a
change in sprintlink policy or config automation, or could it be
a custom hack to defend the commons from a few specific poorly
behaved customers?

randy