Re: IPV6 renumbering painless?

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Sat Nov 13 07:49:49 2004

On 13-nov-04, at 10:02, Henning Brauer wrote:

* Owen DeLong <[email protected]> [2004-11-13 08:46]:
I suspect that eventually, we will discover that ADDRESS-based
ACLs simply do not scale to a V6 world

which I see as an issue with v6 and not the ACLs.
Yes, because address based access restrictions never get in the way of renumbering in IPv4.

Filtering based on IP addresses is a broken concept.

I'm not a huge fan of sprinkling crypto over everything, but if you want certain people to have access to some stuff and not others, IPsec/SSL are the way to go.