Re: [nanog] RE: I want my own IPs

  • From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
  • Date: Fri Nov 12 13:52:46 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Joe Johnson wrote:

Learning the ins and outs of RWHOIS also tends to help, as it's a lot easier to set up in short notice than doing SWIP (and a bit easier to tie to a backend once you get the file formats nailed down).

-Dan

The biggest issue has always been timing.  We've caught ourselves a few
times with 5 IP addresses left and had to wait to sign new customers up
for a while until ARIN got back to us.  Luckily, stiring up the pool of
IP's usually gets a dozen or so to drop out that we missed as being
available.

Joe Johnson
JMDN.net