RE: IPV6 renumbering painless?

  • From: Tony Hain
  • Date: Thu Nov 11 11:36:21 2004

First issue is that IPv6 interfaces support both the old & new prefixes at
the same time, so the provider change case is not as dramatic as people fear
based on past IPv4 experience. Second:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-renumbering-procedure-0
1.txt
talks about other issues that make renumbering non-trivial.

Tony