Re: BGP question

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Thu Nov 11 10:49:21 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Henning Brauer wrote:

* adrian kok <[email protected]> [2004-11-10 21:32]:
2/ I saw article. "a full BGP feed is about 110,000
routes."
we're at 140..150k these days.

Do you have experience that AMD64 with 3G memory in
Unix Box can handle it?
If you'll look a what the route-views boxes do, a bigish pc based server can take 45 full feeds with minimal performance implications. They're dual p4 boxes with 2GB of ram. They do not of course make forwarding decisions based on that information.

I've done it on a soekris box, that is, a 266MHz Geode CPU with
128MB RAM, using OpenBSD and OpenBGPD...

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joel Jaeggli Unix Consulting [email protected] GPG Key Fingerprint: 5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2