Fwd: Consensus declared: IETF Administrative restructuring

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Nov 10 10:14:40 2004

FYI.

- ferg

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
On October 26, the IESG and IAB sent out a call for consensus to the IETF on
administrative restructuring, referencing the Internet-Draft:

- IAB and IESG Recommendation for IETF Administrative Restructuring
   <draft-iab-iesg-adminrest-rec-00.txt>

Based on the feedback on this Call for Consensus, which ended November 8, we
conclude that we have verified that the IETF community opinion has converged on
a rough consensus to restructure our administrative support activity as
described in this recommendation ("Scenario O").
This verification allows the IAB and IESG to focus our efforts on executing the
AdminRest transition plan and on refining and completing the IASA BCP.

Thanks to all who participated in this effort!

                Harald Alvestrand, for the IESG and IAB.