Re: Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Wed Nov 10 09:48:02 2004

> and do explain how a user coming in with their laptop and
> dialing a provider is gonna be affected by your nat

If IPv6 had "local scope" addresses, then NAT would not be
necessary to prevent traffic from flowing through the
unauthorized link. I know that the IETF has deprecated
local scope addresses but I'm curious whether any of the
router vendors currently support local scope addresses
in their equipment.

--Michael Dillon