Re: Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

  • From: Jørgen Hovland
  • Date: Tue Nov 09 20:39:29 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul G" <[email protected]>

I see I almost started an argument here. This was not my intention.
Data from unconnected sockets only: Udp and icmp messages (unreachable
etc).

that's great. on behalf of everyone who's ever had the joy of
troubleshooting connectivity issues, i thank you, kind sir.

jokes aside again, why would you even bother sending back diagnostic data
when you've essentially halved the usefulness of it?

Hi again,

We simply did not want the routers to be globally available nor revealing the ownership due to security reasons, but still permit that other half to receive diagnostic data. If you must get into further details please let us discuss it off the list.

Joergen Hovland ENK