Re: Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

  • From: vijay gill
  • Date: Tue Nov 09 15:50:46 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:17:41AM -0500, Jerry Eyers wrote:

> Ok, let me throw some cold reality water on this discussion...

> in the UK, the largest 'chemist' in the UK, built the largest
> website in the world (2.4 million cc transactions/month with over 460
> servers) and coordinated an IP renumber for over 3,300 stores

cold reality is about right. 2.4 million cc transactions/mo with over four
hundred and sixty (460)! servers makes it the largest web site in the
world?

I better tell that to our datacenter folks or the guys over at amazon or
msn or latency.net - Adam Rothschild does more than that on his laptop
with a wifi card and a hacked-up wrt58g.

> network infrastructure maintainers out there.  You must remember
> to take us into account when talking about global addressing
> policies.  In the end, we pay most the bills.  :-)

And we thank you for it.

/vijay