RE: Newedge Networks meltdown?

  • From: James Laszko
  • Date: Tue Nov 09 11:04:59 2004

>From what I heard, they lost an OC3 from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
They apparently are running at such a capacity that when they lose an
OC3 their entire west coast network blows up.  :)

We lost a DS3 IP feed to them in LA for about 8 hours yesterday.  Even
once connectivity was back up, BGP sessions wouldn't come back to
life...

Getting ahold of a NOC or IP tech was impossible.

James Laszko
Pipeline Communications, Inc.