Re: Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Tue Nov 09 03:19:18 2004

At 02:25 PM 08-11-04 -0500, Leo Bicknell wrote:

More to the point, it seems to me the working group is highly
enterprise focused, and seems to want to give enterprises what
they (think) they want with little concern for how it impacts the
global Internet.
I think you need to look at one of the authors - Nokia. Perhaps 2001:490::/32 and 3FFE:8130::/28 are not enough for what they have in mind. Perhaps someone from RIPE should sit down with Nokia (and perhaps all the other cell makers) and find out what they truly want and why these IETF drafts solve their problem. Perhaps just giving them what they want (and think they will need) will make this all go away?

-Hank

Since this is a list of providers, I encourage you to read the
drafts, and submit your comments to the working group.  The information
for the working group is at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipv6-charter.html, and includes
their mailing list archives and information on how to subscribe
and/or post.

Even if you disagree with me, much like voting the important thing is
that you voice your opinion.

--=20
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org

*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***