Re: Important IPv6 Policy Issue -- Your Input Requested

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Nov 09 00:16:47 2004
On 8 Nov 2004, at 22:53, Daniel Senie wrote:

Is it SO hard for people to understand that it's possible today to use private address space and public address space in a network WITHOUT using NAT?
I think the hard thing to understand is why you would bother using 1918 space if you didn't have to.

In today's networks, printers do NOT need global addresses.
If they did have globally-unique addresses, I bet they would still work just fine, though.

Joe