What kind of cable is this?

  • From: Jonathan Nichols
  • Date: Sun Nov 07 03:08:07 2004

http://homepage.mac.com/smurphy/PhotoAlbum28.html

Guy I know in Canada came across a 7200 foot spool of what appears to be single-strand fibreoptic cable.

He's trying to find out its properties, UV rating, etc. Any information available would be great.

I Googled for the part numbers (so did he) and came up empty. Siecor appears to be "Corning Cable Systems" now and their website was unhelpful, to say the least.

If anyone has any information or knows much about this stuff, could you drop me a note offlist?

Thanks!

-Jonathan