Re: AOL tarpitting?

  • From: Kee Hinckley
  • Date: Fri Nov 05 15:57:52 2004

At 2:26 PM -0500 11/5/04, Mark Jeftovic wrote:
had AOL tarpitting gotten quite a bit more aggressive in the last
few days?
One of the sites I run (hosted on cihost) recently started getting bad SMTP responses from AOL. We worked around by routing AOL and Compuserver mail through a gateway that cihost claims is "clean", but we haven't been able to get a clear story on why our IPs were being blocked, or how to unblock them. I had heard elsewhere that AOL is cracking down on ISPs they feel aren't keeping clean, but I don't know if that's related.