Re: BitTorrent is 35% of traffic ?

  • From: Patrick W Gilmore
  • Date: Fri Nov 05 00:58:18 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:45 AM, Petri Helenius wrote:

Netflow is based on port numbers and many run bittorrent on fairly random ports. Look at the 30%+ unidentified on the report.
Yes, but HTTP tends to run on the same port, and it only made 15.76% of bits and 18.53% of the packets.

I know P2P is "big", but is HTTP really only 16% of the bits on the 'Net?

Question is: Is this data representative of "Internet 1"? I'm thinking not, since "Iperf" was more bits than HTTP.

--
TTFN,
patrick