Re: VSNL buys Tyco submarine cable network for $130m

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Wed Nov 03 20:49:20 2004

Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:
But Tyco has not cables in the Indian ocean.

VSNL seems to be going global right now (they've been setting up branches and hiring CEOs for them in the USA, Europe and elsewhere) - so I'm sure they'll be able to use whatever cable tyco has laid.

Tyco also has a fleet of undersea cable laying vessels, if I'm not wrong .. and Reliance / Flag Telecom is looking to drag a lot of new fiber into India.

srs