Re: Finding information about metro private line service in downtown SF

  • From: Mike Lyon
  • Date: Fri Oct 29 02:37:10 2004

Depends on the distance and what antennas you are using. If it's a
short hop (which it sounds like it is) and you have very directional
antennae, you can usually avoid most of the interference, especially
if engineered correctly with frequency coordination (BANC) and
checking of the frequencies with a spectrum analyzer before hand using
the the antennas you plan to use (like stated earlier in this thread).
But of course, stear away from the 2.4 Ghz band, look at 5 Ghz and
beyond.

-Mike