Re: Network Monitoring System - Recommendations?

  • From: Wes Hardaker
  • Date: Thu Oct 28 19:51:06 2004

>> 1)       Overall network health - uptime reports

>> 2)       Backup router config automatically

>> 3)       Bandwidth reporting (or integration with an MRTG-type app)

>> 4)       SNMP trap support (BGP/OSPF session drops - emails out)

>> 5)       Database back end (port info into or over to other apps)

Andy> Nothing all in one place, that I'm aware of. But with a little work, you
Andy> could probably integrate it all into nagios. After all, you can make the
Andy> host names or descriptions URLs that link to bandwidth and error graphs or
Andy> other tools.

Net-Policy does 1, 3, and 5...  It collects traps and lets you view
them, but doesn't currently email (trivial addition though).  #2 isn't
done, though it does collect data and put it in a postgres database,
thus you could say it collects it, just not in a way in which you can
send it back out again :-/