RE: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Oct 20 15:16:47 2004

You mean the bots? The controllers are behind the bots. Also,
in John's presentation..:

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0410/pdf/kristoff.pdf

[..]we additionally request that they resolve the RR to 127.0.0.3
before they lock out and reload the zone.

We picked 127/8 as the standard. RFC 1918 wasn't suitable
for obvious reasons.

-M