Re: BCP38 making it work, solving problems

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Tue Oct 12 21:41:37 2004

[email protected] [12/10/04 13:16 -0400]:

> > If I, and my little 7-man company, can afford to have me solve the
> > problem on our end, why the heck can't you do the same?
>
> You can do it because you are a 7-man company. So can I. However, companies
> the size of Sprint cannot do it.

Most filtering that I've seen (email, router, whatever) that just works great
for a 7 man company will not work when you serve several million users,
that's a fact.

One false positive report per week from 7 users. How many per week - or per
day - when you have 40 million users, is a question that gets answered real
fast.

A lot of the bad filtering (or lack of filtering, for that matter) decisions
I've seen at large network providers and ISPs is generally where they are
also unresponsive to their users and to the internet community that reports
stuff to them (quite a few places I could name where most role accounts seem
to funnel straight to /dev/null)

	srs