[OT] Good Anti-Spam Boilerplate

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Fri Oct 08 15:37:59 2004

Howdy,

After some senseless Googling, I'm at a loss.  I'm looking for a very
comprehensive, up-to-date example of an AUP that covers spam.  When I say
"modern", I mean that I want it to include not just direct spamming, but
abuse of remote open-relays, abuse of remote trojaned boxes, sending
through a third party that circumvents the local AUP, etc.  Some good
definition of "requested email" would be great - ie: double opt-in, or
single opt-in with some documentation that the user requested the mail on
a web form or similar.

Some language that covers penalties would also be helpful, such as
equipment seizure for non-payment of penalties.

Please reply privately and I'll summarize.  I do not wish to get into any
debates about what qualifies as spam on this list.

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman