spanned traffic routing

  • From: Patrick Arguello
  • Date: Thu Oct 07 12:37:34 2004

How can one take spanned packets from a mirroing port and use a L3 switch to "classify" and route it to different servers.  Would it be the same if the packets were coming from passive taps?  Worry I have is if the L3 switch ports would drop the spanned packets because the ports usually cannot be set to promiscuous mode.  (Hopefully the L3 device that can do what I want ought not to be expensive.)

Pls correspond directly with me

Thanks!

- Patrick A.

Do you Yahoo!?