routing sniffed traffic

  • From: Patrick Arguello
  • Date: Thu Oct 07 05:41:36 2004

In my datacenter, I have three Gig links coming in
that I am sniffing using passive taps.  What I want to
do is feed these links into a layer 3 switch so that I
can have them sent to different packet analysis boxes
by destination address or packet types or ports.  What
should I look for in a switch for such a use --
something that can take in sniffed traffic on fiber
gig links and parcel them out to different servers on
copper gig links based on routing rules.

Please email me your recommendation or suggestion
directly and I will summarize what I find out for the
list.

Thanks,

Patrick A.