Re: Blackhole Routes

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Sep 30 16:43:21 2004

Eric Germann wrote:

What I would to see (and have never researched in depth) is a way to apply
the blackhole routes on a community to port basis (i.e. we set up a specific
BGP community to filter mail, and that community goes to a route map that
kills only port 25, another community applies to a map that kills port 80,
etc). When I have spare time, I may see if there is any way to do that. Of
course by then, IPv6 will be obsolete, so .....

You can ask JunOS to do this. I have yet to figure out a way IOS could do the same.

Pete