Re: 10GE access switch router

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Wed Sep 29 11:40:34 2004

      On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Deepak Jain wrote:
    > Just a note, if you want redundant 10GE uplinks you need to get two of
    > these and stack them. The stacking interface does not reduce the amount
    > of switching bandwidth to the front ports IIRC.

...and the stacking interface is actually pretty lousy, from our testing.
We were anticipating really liking it, but we haven't touched it again,
since our lab work.  Obviously it precludes hot-swappability, but beyond
that, using it wipes any preexisting configuration on all but the first
box (and out of two, I don't know how to predict which it will decide is
first, in advance), and it leaves the port-numbering screwed up on any
boxes that have used it, in perpetuity.

                                -Bill