Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

  • From: Scott McGrath
  • Date: Fri Sep 24 13:22:04 2004

The current wave of outsourcing is driven by greed and greed alone.
What's going on now would make Gordon Gekko blush.   There is nothing
stopping the companies from paying the workers in India or China the
prevailing wage in the developed countries which would really accelerate
growth in these countries and would have the side effect of making the
playing field level as in let the best engineer win rather than the
cheapest.

Right now outsourcers are moving jobs from India to Bangladesh and Africa
because wages and the standard of living in India is rising so the
Indians are seeing what we see here in the US.

What is often forgotten is that innovation in an industry comes from its
practitioners not a collective of marketing types and "systems
archetects".   So by outsourcing we are sending the wellspring of
innovation and the attendant wealth creation elsewhere.

                            Scott C. McGrath