Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

  • From: Paul G
  • Date: Fri Sep 24 06:15:07 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Haagsman" <[email protected]>
To: "Joseph" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 5:59 AM
Subject: RE: Cisco moves even more to china.

> On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 03:53, Joseph wrote:
> > Its time for all American Tech workers to stand up and let our voices
> > be heard.
>
> Perhaps it's time instead to make sure you're good at what you do and
> try to be on the forefront of tech, rather than whining about how all
> those bad people from abroad are stealing your job. It's largely our own
> fault labour pricing in large outsourcing countries like India are so
> low, and now it's coming back to bite some of us.

well said. for some reason (could be my wacky soviet upbringing), i've
always felt that only people who have no confidence in their own abilities
can feel threatened by those of others. somehow, when you're busy doing new
and interesting stuff, you just don't have the time or the inclination to
get up on that soapbox..

paul