Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

  • From: John Kinsella
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 21:30:51 2004

Oh Jesus cry me a river...

People, you're in tech.  It will never stop changing.  That means you
should never stop learning.  If you stop learning, yes somebody else
is going to take your job because as an area of tech matures, tools
to manage it become better, less sophisticated people can do the job,
and operational cost of that widget goes down.  Do you really want to
still be hand-editing BGP configs in 5 years time?  Should web monkeys
still make $80k for writing HTML?  Go learn something new and be the
badass at that and you'll keep making your 6 figure salary.

Or, to look at it from a humorous point of view:  It's just a matter of
time until neurosurgeons will be coming from ITT tech. ;)

John