RE: Cisco moves even more to china.

  • From: Jason Graun
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 21:12:19 2004

I think the IT field as a whole, programmers, network guys, etc... are going
to go the way of the auto workers in the 70's and 80's.  I am a CCIE working
and on a second one and it saddens me that all my hard work and advanced
knowledge could be replaced by a chop-shop guy because from a business
standpoint quarter to quarter the chop-shop guy is cheaper on the books.
Never mind the fact that I solve problems on the network in under 30mins and
save the company from downtime but I am too expensive.  I used to love
technology and all it had to offer but now I feel cheated, I feel like we
all have been burned by the way the business guys look at the technology, as
a commodity.  Thankfully I am still young (mid 20's) I can make a career
switch but I'll still love the technology.  Anyway I am going to start the
paper work to be an H1b to China and brush up on my Mandarin.

Jason