Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 20:01:38 2004

> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nicole <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Cisco moves even more to china.
>

>  Lovely, Just lovely. Just heard On CNN, Lou Dobbs. (but can't find it on
> their site)
>
>  During a Beijing news conference John Chambers (Cisco CEO) Says "We believe
in
> giving something back and truly becoming a Chineese company."  "China will
> become the IT center or the world" "China will become the largest economy in
the
> world."
>
>  CNN Reports: Cisco is investing 32 Million into Changi and is training
> 10's of thousands of Chineese university students in Cisco technology.
>
>  So.. I guess we will be cranking out those H1b's...Plan to kiss your raises
> and or jobs bye bye to some specialized cheap imported Cisco trained
networking
> person from China.

Yeah, but don't they already have a company over there that is
producing Cisco stuff?  Or did I mis-read a lawsuit?

>  *SIGH*
>

>   Nicole
>

> --
>                      |\ __ /|   (`\
>                      | o_o  |__  ) )
>                     //      \\
>   -  [email protected]  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
>  "The term "daemons" is a Judeo-Christian pejorative.
>  Such processes will now be known as "spiritual guides"
>   - Politicaly Correct UNIX Page
>
>  Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and
> looks like work.
>    - Thomas Edison
>
>  "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems."
>    - Linus Torvalds

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: [email protected]

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin