Re: FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 10:51:48 2004

I was just going to stay out of this, but I can't...

Steven Champeon wrote:

on Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:37:10AM +0200, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:

[email protected]:

Congrats. Ask your ISP for non-generic rDNS, in your domain, so I know
where to send the abuse reports.

I did.

"Reverse *what*?"

So explain it to them in words of two syllables or less, where possible.
I recommend using "I am finding a new eye ess pee".

There's plenty of them out there that will welcome you, as well. When I call tech support, I never get the nonsense about rebooting my machine to fix things. In fact, I usually have someone on the line who has heard of Slackware and OpenBSD. You get what you pay for.

Because that's how things are today. You're a 1-in-50-million chance,
as far as I can tell from my mail server.

With that attitude you're never going to improve things ...

/My/ attitude? You're the one giving your money to a bunch of incompetents.

You know, it's just not that hard. I have what is termed "Business Class" SDSL, which may be pricier than the average geek wants to pay, but so what? If you want to be treated as _not one of the crowd_ of random clueless users, you need to differentiate yourself in a way that is simple for others, _not for yourself_. I have friends who have only one dedicated IP, but it's from an ISP that takes reverse seriously, and that will happily delegate to them, if desired.

It isn't everyone else's responsibility to cater to you, if you can't get even the simplest stuff (rdns) fixed. Oh, and mine isn't delegated to me, but I don't worry about it, since it has a nice rdns that I'm find with (and I like the anonymity when I browse elsewhere).

--
You've confused equality of opportunity for equality of outcomes,
and have seriously confused justice with equality.