Re: FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

  • From: Paul Wouters
  • Date: Thu Sep 23 09:11:04 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:

I *understand* that I'm a rare exception.

The problem is that the world *won't let me* be a well functioning
exception.

Correction, the world *can't* let you be a well functioning exception. People always scream 'no censorship', but there is only that many more mail servers and preprocessing machines you can throw at a $20/month account.

You don't hear me complaining the $0.50 washing powder couldn't get
the motor oil out of my velvet shirt. People don't scream 'cripple ware'
at the washing powder.

My ISP won't let me have my own rDNS, and "you" won't let
me use port 25 properly.

And Unilever won't let me clean my shirt.

Because that's how things are today. You're a 1-in-50-million chance,
as far as I can tell from my mail server.

With that attitude you're never going to improve things ...

If you ditched your ISP for the non-service they are offering, and go to one that does allow your rDNS records, things would improve not only for you, but for the world too as this IP is losing customers and either goes away or changes their policy.

the real question is, how much money is it worth it for you. But don't
put to blame on us for not adding another rack of mailservers so people
like you can get their mail out.

Paul
--
	"Non cogitamus, ergo nihil sumus"