Re: port 25 blocking [Re: FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net]

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Sep 21 17:41:08 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:22:42 +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson said:

> Also, having hundreds of blacklists as per your email seems like a very
> silly idea? I can understand 3-5, but hundreds?

Just because one organization with clue provides a BGP feed with the current
list of bozon addresses doesn't mean there aren't still several hundred sites
that are still blocking 69/8 as a bogon.

Similarly for blacklists - lots of sites have their own personal list of places they
really don't want to hear from.