Re: Tornados in Ashburn (Equinix affected)

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Sat Sep 18 23:40:16 2004

<quote who="Deepak Jain">

> Specifically in Equinix's case:
>
> 1) Good that they [seemed] to have maintained partial power.
>
> 2) Good that they restored cooling [power to the blowers?] relatively
> quickly. By the graph someone posted and their message, it looks like
> their chillers were on an unaffected system, but their blowers weren't
> [as in, were affected].
>
> 3) Good that they seemed to be able to bring together enough
> knowledgeable folks quickly to resolve the problems that did occur
> relatively quickly.

I would have to agree.  We have a setup in this facility and even with the
quick temperature spike, we didn't skip a beat.

Can't ask for much more than that.  It seems to me like things worked
nearly as they should have, and if they didn't, the contingency plans were
effective.

-david

   David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
   http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net