Re: BGP Load Sharing

  • From: Matthew Crocker
  • Date: Sat Sep 18 11:21:45 2004

So back to the question at hand... to get netflow stats for outgoing traffic.. we need cards in the 12K router which will support netflow on the ingress ports of the router for outgoing traffic(ie Gigabit Ethernet Line Cards)... right?

Correct, NetFlow is generated when the packet enters the router. you'll need Engine 3 or 4 cards on your ingress ports (GigE I assume for outbound traffic) in order to do line rate with full Netflow. Engine 0 & 1 cards can do sampled netflow which *may* be enough for your load balancing needs.

-Matt