Re: Problem with whois.ripe.net?

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Wed Sep 15 15:37:33 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Greg Schwimer wrote:

Yes, I verified it.  Oddly, it was preceeded by not being able to run a
whois against whois.ripe.net for about 20 minutes from my location
(connection timed out).  Seems to be working fine now.  Must be the
gremlins.

Or maybe you got banned for too many connections/minute or requesting too much data. RIPE auto-block whois queries based on both criteria, iirc.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	[email protected]	[email protected]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: